Summer Goals


Hello Hapi People,

It's Tuesday and I am in my last week of school. Its a bit hectic because I am figuring out end of the year and exam stuff, but its all good. With the end of the school year though, I'm actually starting to think about summer plans and goals. I am terrible about setting and keeping goals; I'm super lazy lol. However, I have some important things that I want to do this summer.

I think when I set goals, it tends to be a really big goal that tend to overwhelm me once I am going after it. I did some research and I found this site called MindTools.com. Its a career skills building website with tips and articles that break down different important personal skills. I found an article titled Personal Goal Setting and I found some basic but important things to remember.

MindTools says that when setting personal goals to start with these steps:



Starting to Set Personal Goals

You set your goals on a number of levels:
  • First you create your "big picture" of what you want to do with your life (or over, say, the next 10 years), and identify the large-scale goals that you want to achieve.
  • Then, you break these down into the smaller and smaller targets that you must hit to reach your lifetime goals.
  • Finally, once you have your plan, you start working on it to achieve these goals.
This is why we start the process of setting goals by looking at your lifetime goals. Then, we work down to the things that you can do in, say, the next five years, then next year, next month, next week, and today, to start moving towards them.

I know it seems really basic, but actually taking the time to sit, think and maybe even write out your goals helps you organize your thoughts. I decided to use this model to set my summer goals. I am using this post to organize my goals and show you how you can organize your thoughts into manageable goals. 

Of course when I am looking for inspiration, I look to Pinterest lol. If you type in "goal setting" Pinterest, you will find tons of tips, tricks and cute goal setting worksheets and organizers you can use. Based on the organizing charts I saw, I made my own chart just to start my goals. I will build on this chart but here is an example that you can use for yourself. You can also Click Here for the goal setting search I did on Pinterest if you want more ideas. 

Just remember to set realistic goals for yourself as you achieve your dreams. You are trying to be a better you and even if you stumble.

Peace&Love,
Amy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!