What Makes Me Happy

Hello Hapi People!

I think that is what I'm going to call my friends here lol, Hapi People. Though I always use the short-hand "ppl" ... idk I'll work on it.

Anyways, I wanted to get more in depth about what I'm going to share with the world here on the blog. In my last & first post, I said right now in my life I feel creating this blog was needed. The reason for that being is that I am having some health issues. I know "here we go, another person rambling about their problems", but this is just fyi in case you want to know more about me. You Don't have to read this post but I hope it will help someone.

Anywho, I am college student getting a Bachelors in Music Education at the University of West Florida.




I am a vocalist and much of my major requires vocal performance. However, for the last 6 or 7 months I have been having so many issues with my voice. Last October I caught a cold that developed into bronchitis, which brought on asthma symptoms. I was constantly hoarse and struggling to do what I love, singing. I have always said to myself, since I started to love singing, that I don't know what I would do without my voice. Well, here I am figuring it out. I think as a performer and music student, you can become so much about your voice or instrument that you forget that isn't all who you are as a person. Granted, it is a big part of identifying who I am and it is a HUGE struggle. My throat is always sore in the morning, some mornings when I wake up with that feeling, I just want to stay in bed and cry. I have been seeing doctors, been diagnosed with multiple things, put on all different medications, been scoped multiple times, and even seen a voice therapist. The investigation still continues but I am praying and believing that the answer will be found.


Me with my duet partner, Bekah, after a performance.
School is the biggest challenge right now. I have been very discouraged not being able to participate in my own life and degree. I am thankful to understanding professors who are trying to help me. It's a day to day thing and I'm finding other things that I enjoy in the mean time. That is what I want to share here. Now I know you're probably thinking "Dear Lord this girl is pathetic ..." or something along those lines. I'm just here sharing my story and hoping it helps someone.

I'm excited to connect with you guys and hear your stories. Leave me a comment here or send me a message on my other social media about your struggles. Is there something you are going through right now that is keeping you from what you love? Are you figuring out what you love? Whatever it may be, you can share it here. Also, if you are a fellow music lover and nerd let me know!

Peacce&Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!