It's Not All Girly ... I Promise

Hello Hapi People!

Thank you to everyone who is sharing my blog! I really appreciate your support. Also, to those of you who are new ... Welcome! You are officially one of my Hapi People lol.

Now I know the blog looks a bit girly, and yes that was its original intention, but I'm here to tell you its not all girly. I know my boyfriend will read this and think "Thank goodness!" haha! I just want to come here and talk - relate to other people if I can and share with all of you.



I found something unexpected today in my shower .... I love singing in the shower and I attempted to sing today. My voice started to get hoarse and weak quite quickly. I'm a singer, for those of you who don't know already, and if you have read my other posts you know that I am not able to sing for the most part right now. Its been on and off for many months now. Yes, its sad and has made me cry; made me have a few break downs. As I was saying though, I found something new today and I want to share it with you. As I was attempting to sing in the shower this morning and quickly started to loose my voice ... I had a thought. The reason I began singing was not because I enjoyed being onstage. No, no, no ... I'm quite the introvert, but I loved being able to express a new part of myself and create connections with people through music and words. Now I'm not saying I will never sing again - trust me I want to more that anything. What discovered this morning was that despite not having a singing voice, I still had something to say.

My struggle has kept me down for some time, not going to lie. I've been trying to rest and sort of gone into hiding. I still get shocked reactions when people see me sometimes or when they hear from me. When I posted about this blog on Facebook I got a text from a friend asking where I had disappeared. I'm still here though, alive and kicking. No I'm not dead or dropping out. It saddens me that this struggle kept me from being me. Honestly though, I've said to myself and others that I would be nothing without my voice. I've honestly believed that for many months now. I'm here to tell you though that I am changing my mind ...

Regardless of whether or not I can sing, regardless of whether you even think it gives me value (trust me there are some people who only see me as a voice) I'm here to tell you ...

 "I AM NOT MY VOICE!"

I'm not my singing voice anyway. I'm sorry to those of you I haven't given time to because I believed that lie. Amy Irby is still a person who has a lot to offer. I still want to help people even if I can't use music to do it right now. I've been through a lot of different things in my life, but I know the people who used their struggles to relate to me were the ones that changed me. So I want to talk to you directly, yes YOU. Whatever you are going through, big or small, don't ever think that you are one aspect of your life. Don't ever think that what "holds you back" or your abilities define you. You are a multifaceted person like everyone else and you are capable of living your life; even if its not the way you intended it. I feel like I'm trying to give an inspirational speech but I'm really not lol. I'm just telling you to be honest with yourself.

My epiphanies come in the shower for some reason,
but I hope that if you needed to hear this that your epiphany happens here. It's so easy to get bogged down by life and all its demands. Its a lot harder when you let it bog you down. I'm not saying that I'm going to change the world by writing a blog, I'm just saying I'm going to live my life and I've found a new way to share it.


Peace&Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!