Celebrate Quirky Holidays




Hello Hapi People!

We are in the thicket of summer Hapi People. It's starting to get too hot to go outside here in Florida. With it being too hot & the festivities of July 4th are over, you may have run out of activities to occupy your summer. Today, I am going to share my secret to relieving summer boredom. Whether you are in college, junior or senior high school, you have young ones in school, need a new date idea, or even a solo activity - this idea works for everyone! What is this amazing activity you may ask? Well, it's... Celebrating Quirky Holidays!!!

I know you're wondering what in the world am I talking about. Quirky Holidays are holidays that are designated to celebrate different aspects of life that are not commonly known. I'm not using quirky to mean "stupid" or "insignificant", I'm using the word because these holidays are either not widely recognized, they celebrate something newly established and it has not gained a following. Some examples of these holidays are "National Pancake Day" which unfortunately was yesterday. However, the idea is that on pancake day, you can make pancakes or even find restaurants that serve pancakes free or discounted! What a fun activity to try!

The way you can find these holidays is by searching online today's current date plus the word holidays. For example: I searched "July 8th holidays" and I found a site that lists all of the holidays recognized today. 


Quirky Holidays of June 8th, 2015

Be A Kid Again Day
Math 2.0 Day
National Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Omelet Day
National Ice Cream Sundae Day
National Chocolate Milk with Almonds Day
SCUD Day (Savor the Comic, Unplug the Drama)
Video Game Day

Wow! There are so many cool ideas! I think there is something for everyone. You can click on each holiday link to find out more about it. Today, I am celebrating National Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Omelet Day. The description given of this celebration is as follows:
 "This is a day for those who enjoy omelets or all types and also have a mind for prudence and conservation to share both of these loves with the world, and spread awareness of this breakfast staple as well as the importance of not wasting food and making your groceries last."

I loved this idea so much I decided it was worth celebrating. So, I'm going to use what's in my kitchen conservatively to make a delicious omelet! Let me know what holidays interest you and if there are any holidays like this that you celebrate. Are there any you want to celebrate? Let me know your thought!

Stay Hapi,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!