New Blog Look! featuring Pugly Pixels

Hello Hapi People!

I'm sure you have noticed something is different ... no it's not my hair. I updated the blog design! Isn't our Hapi Place pretty?! I personally think its awesome and I put a lot of satisfying work into it. I wanted the blog to be more organized and unique in design. I knew the only way to make it unique from the templates that Blogger gives you in its editor was to use ... coding. AHH!!!
DUN, DUN DUN!!!



Hahaha! I know what your thinking, "coding ... you're going to to a post about coding?" Yes, yes I am. Well, I'm going to talk about the site I found that features easy to follow videos on doing html and css coding. If you don't know what I'm talking about, HTML and CSS are markup languages, or coding languages used to create and style content on the interwebs. I honestly don't know all of the lingo when it comes to web design and coding. However, I found a website called Pugly Pixel on which an expert on the lingo tells you how to edit.

A screen shot of Pugly Pixel's homepage. 
CSS for Beginners includes 14 pages and videos that contain labs and lectures on basic coding for CSS formatting.
The videos were made using Blogger, TextEdit on Mac, and a basic web browser.

Created by a lovely woman named Katrina, Pugly Pixel has video courses with labs and lectures, for free, that instruct you on CSS for Beginners, Photoshop Basics, and Wordpress Primer (how to use Wordpress). I followed her CSS for Beginners guide as it is intended for Blogger users. I found the videos and instructions very informative and easy to follow. I don't know the first thing about coding, but Katrina made me feel like an expert. Ok, well at least on the basics lol. I definitely would recommend you check out her website where she not only has courses but also a shop with graphics, informative posts, and other downloads to make the interwebs aesthetically pleasing and organized. Go check about the website, right now!


Peace&Love,
Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!