Not Too Heavy Summer Glow


Hello Hapi People!

As you may have gathered from previous posts, I love summer time. It is my favorite season; it means lighter clothes, warmer weather, iced tea out the ying yang and... glowing complexions. Ok, to be honest, I have very problematic skin. In order to achieve a dewy summer glow, that makes you look like you vacationed on some tropic island and have no issues with acne or being pale and burning... well, you have to know a trick or two. I don't like wearing that much makeup in the summer to begin with because when it is hot outside I end up with a goopy mess on my face. So here are some tricks I use to get "summer glow" without heavy makeup for the summer.



Tips For Summer Glow

1. Yes, I do wear a more full coverage foundation, but I don't cake it on. Apply foundation with a sponge that has been run under warm water - this will allow you to apply thin layers of product instead of cementing your face with product. Also, go light with concealer - apply only where you really need.
2. For the love of Pete (not sure who Pete is but whatever, lol) when contouring or bronzing, DON'T GO TOO DARK! It is totally ok to use a face powder, concealer, or foundation that is about 2 to 3 shades darker that your skin tone for contour or bronze for a natural look. I am seeing more and more girl's using drag queen techniques and there is no need!  
3. Get the most out of your products and create continuity on your face by using blush and highlight on your cheeks and eyes. I used a light, copper toned pink blush on my cheeks (don’t go too pink), and then blended the same color with a fluffy blending brush  in the crease of my eye. I then used an iridescent (not glittery) cream highlight that was cool toned silver, to add light and brighten. I highlighted my cheekbones, nose bridge, and a little on the forehead. I then blended the highlight, with my finger, over my eyelid and my inner corner. I finished with a touch of mascara. 
Bonus Tip: Use a neutral color balm stain, I used a light pink, for hydration and color on the lips.
There you have it, quick and easy tips that should make achieving a glowy, flawless face (for us real girls with real skin). I hope these tips were helpful. I love this look because it is all about enhancing what you already have, not changing to looking like someone else. If you try this look, post your pics to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with #g2bhapi.

Stay Hapi,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!