Don't Be Afraid of Doing What You Are Meant to Do

Hello Hapi People! 

Monday, Monday ... the weekend is over and I hope you had a good one. I watched my baby sister graduate from high school this weekend. Needless to say I'm very proud of her accomplishments and her brainy brain. 


Watching Alison walk across that stage, I know it caused me to look at my own life. I am sure some of you may ponder the same - "Am I where I want to be?" ... " Have I stayed true to those big dreams I had in high school?"

(from left to right) Me in between my friends Ashley and Kelly
at our high school graduation. Class of 2009! 

 I know for me, I am a completely different person than when I was in high school. I did always have a dream of doing something big with my life and traveling the world. I knew I wanted to help people somehow, and the how has changed many times. If you know me personally, you know that I have interests all over the board. My heart, however, is with music. Its the language that has always spoke to my heart and I want to speak it to other people. With the difficulties with my voice, I have wondered to myself "Will I ever sing the same way again?" 
I finally have an answer to that question ... NO

I know you are probably wondering "What?!" Don't worry I haven't had doctors tell me I can't sing again. I mean that my singing voice is going to be used for a particular purpose. I know that my heart is in music and singing, particularly in a worship setting. I have had so many people try and steer me different. Many events and illness tried to convince me that the music is too hard a path. Well, I heard a statement recently that keeps coming up and it has encouraged me. It has been said many different ways to me but, in the end the message is the same ... 
Don't be afraid of doing what you are meant to do

I know in my heart that what I am meant to do is sing. Even though there are many things I enjoy, relating to people through music is my passion. I am believing that one day I will have a healthier voice. I don't want the same voice of the girl that got wrapped up in technicalities. I want the voice of the woman who sings in hope that it brings joy God and to others. I know that not everyone reading this may believe what I believe, that's ok. I am not here preaching about anything. I just know that right now a lot of people are graduating and moving on in their lives. Regardless of whether that is you or not, you may just be thinking on the past and whether you future is in the place you intended. I just know that I have let fear get in my way many times. I just need to let go and believe that if I am meant to do something, I am going to do it. Big or small, doesn't matter what you are wanting to accomplish or happen - if you work hard and believe it can happen for you. I know that there are no guarantees in life, but at least you will know that you gave it your all.

Now before this turns into a graduation speech (lol) I just want to encourage you to think on what in your life are you not doing that you wanted to do or planned. What is holding you back? I know that I am the one holding myself back sometimes, and its because I'm afraid of failing. If you feel comfortable, share your story in the comments here, on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest. What do you dream of doing or what have you not done that you have dreamed? What do you think is holding you back? Be brave...

Peace&Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!