A Word You Didn't Know Existed ...

Hello Hapi People!

I hope, if you are in the U.S., that enjoyed a three-day weekend or that work wasn't took bad on Monday. If you aren't in the U.S. I hope the week started off well for you.

Today isn't going to be a Wreck This Journal post but I do want to talk about something that was inspired by my Wreck This Journal. On one of the pages in the journal you are asked to "Write One Word Over And Over". For my journal I wanted to use a unique word that had significant meaning to me. I gave my word a lot of thought and scoured the interwebs ... and when I found it, I just had to share it.


SONDER - (n.) the realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own
This took a couple of days but was very satisfying. Yes, I messed up at one point lol


When I came across this word on a post of 32 of the Most Beautiful Words in the English Language ... well I couldn't help but agree with this word. Its a simple word that has so much meaning behind it that makes you think about the people around you. All of us have a unique story built on the events of our lives and its a beautiful individualism. Somehow, even though we are all different, we live in a world together. I was so taken back by the word and felt such a connection to its meaning that I had to use it for my journal.

If the term sonder sounds like a strange concept I implore you to give it some thought. Do you recall ever just walking down the street and passing by someone who you were curious about? It always has fascinated and concerned me that I pass by people everyday who have their own lives and stories. Why does this concern me? Well, if I do engage on of these strangers for whatever reason I try to be kind and polite in hopes that regardless of how they are doing I was a positive passerby and influence in their day. I am a big believer in treating people the way you want to be treated. Granted I'm not perfect at this, I probably fail a lot. However, I know that when someone I know or even a random stranger is nice to me it can change my whole day.

I suppose this is just some food for thought and another little plug to encourage you to treat even passersby with kindness. I also want to know if you have experienced this realization of sonder. So ... have your experienced sonder, when and where? Please share in the comments here, on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. I hope you all have a lovely day!


Peace&Love,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!