Your C.A.R.T.

Hello Hapi People!

I hope you are having a good week. I wasn't sure what to post about today but I thought I would give some tips and advice .... on generosity. I want this blog to be about things that make me happy but I don't want anyone to think happiness is all about intake. Giving people your compassion, attention, resources and time can bring you more happiness than receiving anything. Think about the last time someone sacrificed or gave something to you. Did you not appreciate their generosity? Giving from the "C.A.R.T." list (compassion, attention, resources and time) means you are giving a gift that you cannot get back. Being able to give from your own "C.A.R.T." and not focusing on yourself can be very rewarding and increase you happiness. 


I know it sounds like a simple concept and maybe a little "kum-by-ya", but honestly kindness breeds kindness. I know there are people in our lives that irritate us and take advantage of us. I believe that the world encourages the mentality of everyone for themselves. Yet, we expect people to do things for us when we are all about ourselves. How do we expect generosity to happen when we don't implement it ourselves? 

I'm just going to share my "C.A.R.T." list and define each word. Think for yourself how you can show more generosity in your everyday life. I wouldn't expect people's behavior automatically but maybe your kindness will be noticed and people may see you as an example. Plant the seed of generosity in your everyday life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like this post!